Monday, October 2, 2017

Smart Dummies Oath!

Here it is! The Smart Dummies oath. If you completed at least 24-30 pages (or 12-15 spreads) CONGRATULATIONS are in order. You have completed the Smart Dummies challenge! Your images just need to be black and white. The images can all be done in pencil. If you did more than good for you! 

Please do not try to send me your Dummies! We are on the honor's system. You MUST COMMENT on this oath in order to be eligible for the big prizes and have registered at the beginning of the event. You MUST comment on the posts of the prizes you want! I posted all the links yesterday. 

Edit: Your dummy does not have to be perfect. You can even say that you will be changing everything. You just need a reasonable draft. Reasonable draft = Clean and clear enough that you can give it to someone for feedback. You can interpret this however you want.

The Smart Dummies Oath: 

I do solemnly swear that I have completed the Smart Dummies challenge. I have completed at least 24 pages (or 12 spreads) for my Picture Book Dummy this month. I understand that lying about this will set my pants on fire. I will do my best get my dummy published.

I will give everyone about a week (Drawings will happen on October 8th and I will begin posting the winners on the 9th ) for people to comment on this and the prize posts. Thank you all for being a part of Smart Dummies this year!


Help out Smart Dummies:

Buy me a coffee from Kofi:




Smart Dummies Shop:

15 comments:

  1. Last year I completed my dummy book challenge, and put it in a drawer to rest. When I finally revisted it, I was disappointed that it was just so-so. With that in mind...This year I was determined that my next dummy book would be better and it is! I redid it four times but now have page turns that work and a great ending! ... This book, I will finish! Thanks so much Dani for organizing this challenge. It kept me on point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do solemnly swear that I have completed the Smart Dummies challenge. Not just one , but two. I have completed more than 24 pages (or 12 spreads) for my Picture Book Dummy this month. This is my third year. I hope for more years to come. Thanks, Dani :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do solemnly swear that I have completed the Smart Dummies challenge and I am SO grateful to you for organizing it again this year Dani!�� No pants on fire for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, C.L. Murphy, do solemnly swear that I have completed my very first Smart Dummies challenge. Hooray! I can't thank you enough, Dani, for all of your hard work that was invested in this month long event. Such great advice was shared along with all the chances to win fantastic prizes! My critique group was so helpful and supportive that we all want to continue critiquing each other. Kid Lit people are the best! Same time next year. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I revisited two mss that I have wanted to finish. This challenge make re reconsider the story as well as the style/medium. Thanks for the new POV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished! I do solemnly swear! Dani, thank you for putting this together. This was my first Smart Dummies challenge and my very first book dummy! The challenge really made me focus and have a goal. Thanks for the incentives, all the great guests and their prizes and for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did it!!! Phew. I swear my pants are still a cool temp too haha Dani, thank you SO so much for putting this all together. What a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear that I have finished my first Dummy challenge. Yay! I am thrilled with all I was able to accomplish, and so appreciative of my amazing critique group. A big thank you to Dani and all of the guests that contributed to this wonderful month. I don't think I can keep up the pace all year, but this challenge definitely helped me learn to be more focused and on task. I'm looking forward to participating again next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got 'er done. Thank you Dani for organizing this event. It helped me get closer to the finish line. Dummys are a big undertaking. Without your challenge it would have taken me much longer. You kept my nose to the grindstone. I feel accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do solemnly swear that I have completed the Smart Dummies challenge. I have completed at least 24 pages (or 12 spreads) for my Picture Book Dummy this month. I understand that lying about this will set my pants on fire. I will do my best get my dummy published. Thanks Dani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i swear that i finished my dummy. Thank you for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I solemnly swear I have completed my dummy. Thank you so much Dani, Leila and the gang for organising the event. I didn't complete it last year and am glad you changed the month to September. In Australia, our school year starts in February so there is no clash.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did it. Thanks for the great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finished today. I am late so I know it doesn't count but it was my first picture book dummy ever so it feels like a win to me.

    ReplyDelete